Name: White Ale
Brewery: White Rabbit (Healesville, Australia)
Source: Grampians liquor store
Hey you guys, I thought I’d shake things up a bit and do another ‘Pros and Cons’ based post, which has everything to do with keeping the blog phresh and nothing at all to do with trying to get through a bunch of posts in one evening while simultaneously getting drunk on Barley Wine. Here goes!
- Cool label
- Brewery name refers to Alice in Wonderland AKA me
- Made in a place called Healesville so presumably has medicinal properties
- Nice zingy, citrusy aroma. Not too much of that banana clovey stuff
- Tastes lemony with a little tartness at finish
- Pretty fly for a white guy (I know I know, I used that joke before, but dang it if it wasn’t funny twice)
- A wheat beer
- Did not get rid of my cold despite alleged medicinal properties
- Not really packing any punches on the flavour front
- Mouthfeel a bit thin
- It was raining and cold (Not the beer’s fault but it didn’t do it any favours.)
Overall I thought it was one of the better wheat beers I’ve blogged, but I wouldn’t go chasing it down a rabbit hole (Ha Ha) unless I was really hot and thirsty.